Stylish Portfolio

Friday, August 27, 2010

Eye Candy: Farmhouse Tables


Elle DECOR
Over the summer our kitchen table literally fell apart while we had friends over for dinner.  No kidding.....just as I was about to serve dessert, the table caved in!!!   Now as I write about it, it was quite hilarious.....we were scrambling to catch as many plates and platters as we could possibly hold.  The kids came running in and they were laughing hysterically!  While we (OK, the husband) managed to fix it, we now know a new kitchen table is in our near future. And, I think it might be a farmhouse table.  With three kids, this is the kind of table that will wear and tear beautifully with no worries!

As I was perusing the web, I discovered this wonderful blog called Babs...love it!  They happened to have done a post on farmhouse tables, which have been speaking to me lately!  There's a certain beauty in their ruggedness and I love how they can take you from the day to day and to an elegant dinner.  Houzz, the other site that you see mentioned here, is a must if, like me, you love all things decor, interior design, constantly have a room in your house that needs work, or just like to dream of the possibilities!  They have a number of gorgeous farmhouse tables!

Here are a few that called to me :)......
Houzz....I love these colors!

Elle DECOR
Canadian House and Home

Houzz
Houzz
  
This one is from Restoration Hardware and made of salvaged wood!  I imagine some colorful, funky chairs around this table!  Although quite beautiful, I nearly chocked when I saw it's price tag of $2,725! That's for when I have some spare change!

 

This is by far my favorite...I love the color, the clean lines and that it's paired with those black French bistro style chairs.  Wrap it up, please!  Better yet, can I can also get that kitchen to go with it!  

Alas, a girl can dream.  Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I love farmhouse tables too. Not only are they essential when you have a large family but they are so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right, Marquette. The search for the right begins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made out of 100% Solid pine wood. Our rustic farm tables can be folded for storage space stacking. Some of the vintage dining farmhouse tables can be disassembled when not in use. Folding Farmhouse Table

    ReplyDelete